This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the
DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and
appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive
About the Position: The position is located at Dugway Proving
Ground a remote & isolated installation approximately 50 minutes
from Tooele, Utah and 90 minutes drive from Salt Lake City, Utah.
Dugway has a highly professional workforce providing support to an
array of missions and organizations.
Learn more about this agency
- Coordinate the work of personnel engaged in emergency response
- Provide input to patient transportation plan.
- Update standard operating procedures (SOPs) of emergency care
- Monitor execution of plans to ensure effective transport of
- Perform advanced Paramedic procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this
0640 Health Aid And Technician
Conditions of Employment
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a
Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness
determination, as determined by a completed background
- This position is subject to a criminal history NACI background
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza
vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for this position
will be required to sign a statement consenting to seasonal
influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is
required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants
may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on
the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain
current Basic Life Support (BLS) training and certification that is
sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification
does not supersede BLS completion.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to
a pre-employment drug screening, and random testing thereafter, to
include testing based on reasonable suspicion and testing due to
direct involvement with an on-duty accident.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements
and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical
- This position requires you to be able to obtain and maintain a
valid, State-issued motor vehicle driver's license.
- Must possess and maintain current National Registry Paramedic
(NRP) certification commensurate with the requirement of the
positions to which currently assigned (Paramedic).
- Civilian Paramedic's who are not NREMT certified will, as a
minimum, possess State Paramedic certification/License . Employees
who do not have NRP certification will be given up to 1 year to
obtain national certification.
- New civilian Paramedics who are not NREMT certified will
possess Paramedic certification from the State in which the
employing Medical Treatment Facility is located and any neighboring
State(s) in which emergency responses are required.
- This position requires you to possess and maintain Pediatric
Advanced Life Support certification.
- This position requires you to possess and maintain current
Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification.
- See the Additional Information section below for more
Conditions of Employment.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements
described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience,
including volunteer work done through National Service programs
(e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g.,
professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying
experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must
clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on
education, your transcripts will be required as part of your
application. Additional information about transcripts is in this
Specialized experience is defined as: demonstrated experience in
coordinating work among employees in providing emergency response,
developing or updating standard operating procedures of emergency
care protocols, providing emergency medical care (in instances such
as cardiac response, wounds, fractures, airway obstruction,
bleeding and shock, etc) during transportation responses, and
assessing the quality of or providing input in order to improve a
patient transport system. This definition of specialized experience
is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position
in the federal service (GS-08).
Licensure/Certification: This position requires a paramedic
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the
required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must
meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no
substitution of education for experience is permitted.