Special Education Paraprofessional - AAU - 2 pooling
Company: Athlos Academies
Posted on: May 3, 2021
: Special Education Paraprofessional
Special Education Director and Special
High School Diploma
Required: Classroom experience preferred
Characteristics of the Successful Candidate:
- Lifelong learner
- Believes every student matters
- Driven by actions and outcomes
- Makes decisions based on data
- Growth mindset
- Reflective practitioner
- Creative problem solver
- Willing to take risks
- Highly organized
- Effective at time management
- Seeks out professional learning
- Willing to continue to learn and try new strategies/
- Willing to plan and work collaboratively with a team
- Able to build relationships with students from a variety of
- Good communicator and active listener
- Assists with management of student behavior and discipline,
primarily for students with disabilities.
- Uses the classroom management plan consistent with an assigned
teacher's techniques and school-wide standards.
- Assists with student discipline including removal of disruptive
students from class and escorting to office.
- Undergoes training in managing the behavior of students per IEP
- Helps supervise students in all areas of the school including
pick-up/drop-off, recess, lunch, etc.
- Assists teachers with classroom instruction as assigned
(individualized instruction, small groups, etc.)
- Helps teachers accommodate all students with IEPs.
- Communicates student needs to general and special education
teachers when appropriate.
- Provides performance measurements to classroom teaching mentor
to help with student progress.
- Potentially meets with parent/guardians to discuss students'
needs and progress.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, three letters of
recommendation and a copy of related certifications to
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Athlos Academies, West Valley City , Special Education Paraprofessional - AAU - 2 pooling, Other , herriman, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!